Snapdragons are bright, cheery flowers whose blooms remind us of warm summer days. Each snapdragon stem contains multiple unique blooms (avg of 10 -15 per stem) that begin opening from the bottom, but, as the stem matures, blooms will continue to open towards the top. Snapdragons are a good line flower, providing height and texture to any type of arrangement, however, they are phototropic, meaning that the stems will bend towards light sources if not evenly lit. This feature gives arrangements a more relaxed, organic, wildflower feel, however, you can help prevent this by keeping your snapdragons upright in designs, and keeping them in an area with even lighting. If this is not possible, try rotating your arrangements from time to time so your snapdragons receive equal amounts of light on all sides. Snapdragons are often used in wildflower, farm and barn inspired designs, but they work just as well in traditional bouquets as well as massed together on their own. Snapdragons look beautiful paired with Sunflowers, Roses, Daisies, Carnations and Lilies. Red/Burgundy Snapdragons are easy flowers to work with and have an average vase life of 5 days, if cared for properly.
Available year round, our Wholesale Red/Burgundy Snapdragons are cut and shipped straight from the farm - and we 100% guarantee their quality and freshness. Once you receive your Red/Burgundy Snapdragons, remove any leafy foliage that will fall below the water line, cut approximately 1/2 - 1 inch off the bottom of the stems and place them in fresh, cool water, preferably with flower food. It is perfectly normal for Snapdragons to look thirsty or "tired" upon arrival. They will perk up once they receive a "fresh cut" to their stems and have time to drink up fresh water. We recommend you receive your Snapdragons 2-3 days before your event.
For Snapdragons to look their best, it is important you follow our care instructions below.
Wholesale Red/Burgundy Snapdragons Require 7 Days Advance Notice! Free shipping is included in the price with a 100% guarantee of quality. As these are farm direct from South America, you must have someone there to sign for your package when it arrives!
Red/Burgundy Snapdragon Cut Flower Care instructions:
- Open box and cut strapping to remove flowers
- Snapdragons are shipped in grower's bunches, each bunch containing 10 stems per bunch.
- Stem Length approx 18 inches
- Remove any green foliage that will fall below the water line from the bottom of the stem.
- Place flowers in fresh, cool water out of direct sunlight. Use of Floral food is recommended. Let Snapdragons hydrate for at least an hour before arranging.
- Each Snapdragon stem features multiple blooms (10 - 15 blooms on average). The bottom blooms should be fully open upon arrival; remaining blooms will continue to open over time.
- Snapdragons are phototropic (meaning the stems follow the light)! It is perfectly normal for Snapdragon stems to be curved after lying flat in a shipping box with no access to light.
- If stems are curved upon arrival, place a lamp directly above the Snapdragons (but no closer than 6 feet from your flowers) as they hydrate.
- Suggested Deliver Date 2- 3 Days Before Use Date