Birds of Paradise are fun, exotic and dramatic flowers that are guaranteed to intrigue. Birds of Paradise are sturdy flowers with a thick stem holding 1 single bloom (approx. 3-6" in length) that looks like a bird's head, hence their name. Birds of Paradise are eye-catching fun that add great texture to an arrangement - including them in your bouquets will make them definitely stand out! Bird's of Paradise can be used in small groups alone for easy, simple centerpiece or they can be included in mixed arrangements. Including Bird's of Paradise into your floral design will instantly add an air of island paradise to your event. Bird's of Paradise are extremely easy flowers to work with and have an average vase life of 8 days, if cared for properly.
Bird's of Paradise
Available year round, our Wholesale Birds of Paradise are cut and shipped straight from the farm - and we 100% guarantee their quality and freshness. Once you receive your Birds of Paradise, remove any leafy foliage that will fall below the water line, cut approximately 1/2 - 1 inch off the bottom of the stems and place them in fresh, cool water. DO NOT REFRIGERATE your Birds of Paradise or any Tropical Flower. Ideally, Tropical Flowers, including Bird's of Paradise, should be stored indoors at temperatures between 55°F to 75°F. Generally, Tropical Flowers, including Bird's of Paradise, tolerate shipping quite well, however, it is perfectly normal for Tropical Flowers to look thirsty or "tired" upon arrival. They will perk up once they receive a "fresh cut" to their stems and have time to drink up fresh water. We recommend you receive your Bird's of Paradise 2-3 days before your event.
Wholesale Bird's of Paradise Require 7 Days Advance Notice! Free shipping is included in the price with a 100% guarantee of quality. As these are farm direct from South America, you must have someone there to sign for your package when it arrives!
Birds of Paradise Cut Flower Care instructions:
- Open box and cut strapping to remove flowers
- Birds of Paradise are shipped in grower's bunches, each bunch containing 5 stems per bunch.
- Stem Length approx 26 inches
- Remove any green foliage that will fall below the water line from the bottom of the stem.
- Place flowers in fresh, cool water out of direct sunlight, drafts and excessive heat. Generally, Birds of Paradise are ready to use out of the box, but you should hydrate them for at least 4 hours before arranging.
- Since our flowers are shipped fresh from the farm, they may arrive in a closed stage with no orange petals showing, or the orange petals that are showing may have begun to turn brown. Do not worry. You can open them up by using your thumbnail or tweezers to gently enter the green flower head and pull out one of the multiple petal blooms inside. This will help the flower continue to bloom.
- Each Bird of Paradise stem features 1 flower per stem (Average Bloom size is 3 - 6 inches in length)
- Suggested Deliver Date 2- 3 Days Before Use Date