Pincushion Proteas are fun, exotic and unique flowers that are guaranteed to intrigue. Increasing in popularity, Pincushion Proteas are sturdy flowers with a thick stem holding 1 single bloom that looks like a "pincushion", hence their name. Pincushion Proteas are eye-catching fun that add great texture to any type of arrangement - including them in your bouquets will make them definitely stand out! While South American and tropical, Pincushion Proteas are incredibly versatile. They look stunning in everything from wildflower and barn inspired designs, to classic and modern arrangements. Pincushion Proteas look beautiful paired with Sunflowers, Roses, Snapdragons, and Mums. Pincushion Proteas are extremely easy flowers to work with and have long vase life of 7 - 10 days, if cared for properly.
Available year round, our Wholesale Pincushion Proteas are cut and shipped straight from the farm - and we 100% guarantee their quality and freshness. Once you receive your Pincushion Protea, remove any leafy foliage that will fall below the water line, cut approximately 1/2 - 1 inch off the bottom of the stems and place them in fresh, cool water. DO NOT REFRIGERATE your Protea or any Tropical Flower. Ideally, Tropical Flowers, including Pincushion Proteas, should be stored indoors at temperatures between 55°F to 75°F. Generally, Tropical Flowers, including Pincushion Protea, tolerate shipping quite well, however, it is perfectly normal for Tropical Flowers to look thirsty or "tired" upon arrival. They will perk up once they receive a "fresh cut" to their stems and have time to drink up fresh water. We recommend you receive your Pincushion Proteas 2-3 days before your event.
Wholesale Pincushion Proteas Require 7 Days Advance Notice! Free shipping is included in the price with a 100% guarantee of quality. As these are farm direct from South America, you must have someone there to sign for your package when it arrives!
Pincushion Proteas Cut Flower Care instructions:
- Open box and cut strapping to remove flowers
- Pincushion Proteas are shipped in grower's bunches, each bunch containing 25 stems per bunch.
- Stem Length approx 12 inches (Bloom diameter is approx 2-3 inches)
- Remove any green foliage that will fall below the water line from the bottom of the stem.
- Place flowers in fresh, cool water out of direct sunlight. Generally, Proteas are ready to use out of the box, but you should hydrate them for at least 4 hours before arranging.
- Each Pincushion Protea stem features 1 bloom per stem (Bloom diameter is approx 2-3 inches).
- Suggested Deliver Date 2- 3 Days Before Use Date